Jill of all trades
A few days ago Over a week ago, Andrea at Stitch Parade was kind enough to tag me with the Versatile Blogger award. Then I saw a comment from AnaJan of Štepalica yesterday with the same tag-you’re-it. Why, thank you ladies! :D The rules are simple:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post;
- Share seven things about yourself on your blog; and
- Pass this award along to recently discovered blogs.
- The name threadsquare is a little portmanteau I made up combining my love of the cloth & Mother Russia. I’m not Russian, nor do I have any in my lineage, but a girl can fall in love with the first foreign land she visits. In fact, it’s been way too long since my last trip to Россия.
- Although recently I’ve fully embraced blogging, and am thus constantly running drafts through my internal dialogue, it’s still a strange endeavor. No matter how carefully articulated a post is, or how obviously off-the-cuff, there will always be room for misconstrued words. Whether giving advice, asking for advice, sharing something personal or just being funny, blogging is a weird, weird world. To me, I think it always will be. At least a little bit. On the other hand, I’ve “met” and met some cool people who otherwise would have forever remained strangers. That’s worth it! Totally.
- Every time I put up a less-than-stellar photograph, which is often, I squirm a little. My BFA was in photography, but a girl only has x number of hours for sewing, y for writing, z for photoging…. sigh. Also, I really did love the color darkroom. Photoshop is an amazing tool. Don’t get me wrong. But I’ll admit that sitting in front of the screen just doesn’t do it for me like the CMY dials and a Kreonite machine did. All that means is that I need a refresher course!
- I love cheese. Really love it. Stinky, pungent, mild, creamy… you name it, I’ll eat it. Blue-veined, triple crème, cave-aged, farmer’s fresh. And yogurt, kefir, real half & half in my coffee. But just the thought of a glass of milk makes me gag.
- Chips & salsa. Practically every day. I’m an addict, but don’t even think about staging an intervention, because then I’d have to resort to eating stinky cheese every day. And that’s a bit more fattening.
- Music plays a huge role in my life. I like almost all music, even country. I said it…. But, and that is a very strong but, I couldn’t tell you what’s playing on your local country dial. I’m just as snobby about my music as everything else. My allegiances lie in the outlaw music of Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, alt-country stylings like Whiskeytown, Uncle Tupelo, Avett Bros, Bottle Rockets, Neko Case, genre-defying Wilco, Townes Van Zandt, Gram Parsons and Steve Earle. If I had a cassette for all the times I’ve heard “I like everything but country”, I’d send each person a mixtape of fantastic music.
- Film is also a huge part of my life. In fact, my husband and I married in a movie theatre!
Okay, now for the best part of all, tagging bloggers with the Versatile Blogger Award. Huzzah!!! Random order of awesomeness: